Saturday, August 20, 2011

Deja Vu

I’m Ele.  I recently resolved (once again) to change my life, to better myself, to enjoy at least one thing in each day, to be more appreciative, to build stronger relationships, to smile and laugh more, to judge myself less harshly, to worry less, to become more organized, to eat better, to exercise consistently, to be well-rested, to be healthy, to be happy, to be present, to take part in life instead of letting it pass me by.   

Before that I turned 30.  Before that I lost my job.  Before that I gained (more) weight (rapidly).  Before that I became (very) depressed (and angry).  Before (and after) that I lost many (very) loved ones.   

Of course there has been a lot in between all of this as well, lots of it happy and exciting (an engagement, graduations, moves, getting a dog, vacations, a wedding, a first home…), lots of it ordinary (errands, chores, bills, meals…).  This blog is about all of those things; it’s a place for me to reflect on my past and my journey towards fulfilling my dreams for my future.  Feel free to eavesdrop.

No comments:

Post a Comment